Terracotta pool surround Broadstairs Case Study
Terracotta pool surround Broadstairs
Location : Broadstairs
Preparation and various groundworks undertaken plus Resin Bound Gravel application to external swimming pool surround in Broadstairs.
The client originally contacted Addagrip who recommended us as their recommended installer.
Addagrip’s BBA Approved Terrabound 3mm ‘Terracotta’ product was selected, resulting in an attractive porous surface which is seamless and smooth underfoot – as per the client’s requirements!
However, prior to the Terrabound being laid, there were a substantial volume of preparation works required (as seen from the images) which included:
- 1. To break out and remove the existing surface where necessary in order to create the required depths to receive the Resin Bound Gravel
- 2. In-fill voids created with suitable material in order to provide a smooth transition into the pool surround perimeters
- 3. Supply and fix 0.6 linear metres of aluminium edge detail beneath gate
- 4. Supply and adhere x37 grommet type items, ready to secure pool cover
- 5. To raise x2 covers to required height
- 6. To suitably position drain covers
- 7. To apply fillets to drain cover surrounds where necessary
- 8. To saw cut and break away existing surface to create new border
The works took a total of 3x non-consecutive days to complete including 2x days to prepare the area and 1x day to lay the Bound Gravel. The client kindly wrote to Addagrip with the following comments:
“Just to let you know that your recommended team completed the installation of the Addagrip 3mm Terracotta Terrabound resurfacing yesterday. They have done an excellent job & we are delighted with the result. Thank you for the recommendation.”